Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Review of November

I know that it has been a while since I posted anything, and I apologize to all of you who have been anxiously awaiting news of our family. Maybe after you see what we have been up to, you might find it in your hearts to forgive me.
The first thing that happened is we discovered a leak in our basement. This prompted tearing up half of our concrete driveway, digging out the side of the house, and resealing one of the walls of the basement. Needless to say, it wasn't a small project.


After that small set back, we got right back to work, and I am so happy to announce that it is finished and ready to be rented out. Here are a few pictures of the completed work. I am so proud of my husband. He has spent the last year and a half doing this job practically by himself, and it looks great. He does amazing work.


The boys are doing great and growing like crazy. They love to play together. Michael will lay on the floor and just laugh at Liam. Here's a video of it. (Make sure to pause the playlist so you can hear for this one.)



We have had to buy Michael a whole new winter wardrobe because all of his warm clothes are too small. Michael is also developing quite the imagination he spends a lot of time pretending that he is one animal or another and he loves to sing and dance.
This is baby lion Michael in his cage.

Then he decided Liam should try the cage.
Michael has also become quite an architect. He uses his blocks to build these elaborate houses and castles, usually for Batman. Then he tells me all about the stairs, bridges, porches, etc. that he has put into them.
A close up of the house.
Liam has been learning to roll over. He can roll from his tummy to back and back to tummy; although, the former is much easier. When he's trying to roll over his feet move quite a bit more than his head does. It results in him moving around in a big circle with his head at the center as he rolls around. (Sorry this one is so shaky. Michael was jumping on me when I was filming it.)
And this is the most recent addition to our family. We got her from Levi's brother. Levi just can't resist a free boxer.
Her name is Roxy my accident. I didn't like the name she had, and the first name that popped into my head when I saw her was Roxy. Then I had to laugh because that name is way to close to Rocky. On our way to Grand Junction to pick her up I told Levi the story. I didn't realize how closely Michael was listening. As soon as Michael saw her, he started calling her Roxy, so that has become her name.
She is a pretty good dog. We're just trying to teach her the specific rules of our house. She's just over a year old, so I expect she will be with us for a while.
So now you are all caught up. Hopefully I will do better in the coming month. I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: