Sunday, June 14, 2009
Funny Memories From My Childhood
The last couple of weeks I have had several experiences that have transported me back to my childhood. The first time it happened, I was driving in my car, listening to the radio and minding my own business. I was listening to a station that plays music from the 60's and 70's all the way to today's music. Suddenly a song came on that brought a huge grin to my face. It's called Little Red Riding Hood. Why did this song make me smile you might ask. To answer that you would have to know my dad. He has a great sense of humor and he loves to tease us kids. He would come home from work singing songs and we were never quite sure if they were real or not. Some of the ones I thought could be real turned out to be made up, and the ones I was sure he had made up he would find on the radio to prove he was right. Little Red Riding Hood was one of those songs. It brought me such joy to be taken back to that memory that I have since looked up several of the other songs and added them to my blog. Here are a few of the names if you want to listen to any of them. Maybe they'll bring back good memories for you too. Witch Doctor, Boy Named Sue, Beep Beep, They're Coming to Take Me Away. LOVE YOU DADDY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is such a cute story! Thanks for sharing. We love your Dad too.
Happy Father's Day!
Love you guys
Post a Comment